The products can be cleaned in exactly the same way as ordinary drinking glasses. They can be hand-washed, washed in an ordinary dishwasher or in an industrial dishwasher. Never use abrasives, steel wool, razor blades or other sharp utensils for cleaning plastic products.
All types of glasses and cups can become discolored, cloudy or catch a smell over time. glassFORever’s products are not different.
Our products can be used for cold and hot drinks. Dairy products, milk, coffee, cocoa, tea, juice and other similar beverages may leave a rim on the glass or an smell. If this occurs, soak or wash the glass in hot soapy water shortly after use.
Discolored or cloudy glasses are often caused by lack of or incorrect dosage of salt, rinse aid and/or detergent – we recommend a service check of dishwashers at least once a year.
You can use the same detergent brand as you normally use for washing dishes. For hand washing your glasses please use a soft sponge, washing-up brush or a microfiber cloth. There are no special demands as to the washing-up liquid. To remove soap stains, rinse in clean water and dry remaining drops of water with a damp soft sponge or cloth. We recommend that you use our own cleaning product, Renovate Powder.
Do not use benzene, alcohol, ester or organic solvents for cleaning our products.
The following may discolor the unbreakable glasses, make them cloudy or change the smell in the long run:
- Washing at more than 85 degrees over a long period of time
- Keeping the glasses for a prolonged period of time at high temperatures and high humidity – we recommend that you empty the dishwasher immediately after washing.
- Lack of or incorrect dosage of rinse aid and detergent – we recommend a service check of dishwashers at least once a year.
- Use of detergent containing alu or metal protection.
- Use of wrong draining tray for the glasses (do not use the trays for cutlery or plates). You may use the cutlery basket cover grid for small, light products.
- Greasy and dairy products, milk, coffee, cocoa, tea, and other similar beverages may leave a rim on the glass or an smell if you leave it for a longer period (the so-called „Office cup”). Wash the glass in hot soapy water shortly after use, hand wash or use our cleaning product, Renovate Powder, regularly.
- Use of anise-based drinks (such as Pernod, Ricard, Raki or Ouzo).
- Use of beverages with a high ester content. Esters are a natural product often found in e.g. herbal teas.
How to get the Best Result
If you want the best treatment for your glassFORever products, we recommend that you use an acidic rinse aid or our Proton dishwashing products (see our website for further information).
Proton specializes in the supply of high technology, cost effective and innovative cleaning and disinfection dishwashing products.